- 2 x 400g eggplants, cut into 1cm thick slices
- olive oil for frying
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle the eggplant slices with salt and drain in a colander for 30 minutes.
- Rinse well, squeeze gently and pat dry.
- Heat about 5mm of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and fry the egllplant in batches until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towel, the chop finely.
- Put the eggplant in a colander and leave it until mosr of the oil has drained off, then transfer to a bowl and add the garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander and sugar.
- Wipe out the pan, add the eggplant mixture and stir constantly over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.